Scylla – x64/x86 Imports Reconstruction
ImpREC, CHimpREC, Imports Fixer… this are all great tools to rebuild an import table,
but they all have some major disadvantages, so I decided to create my own tool for this job.
Scylla’s key benefits are:
– x64 and x86 support
– full unicode support (probably some russian or chinese will like this )
– written in C/C++
– plugin support
– works great with Windows 7
This tool was designed to be used with Windows 7 x64, so it is recommend to use this operating system.
But it may work with XP and Vista, too.
Source code is licensed under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE v3.0
### Only Windows XP x64:
Windows XP x64 has some API bugs. 100% correct imports reconstruction is impossible.
If you still want to use XP x64, here are some hints:
* EncodePointer/DecodePointer exported by kernel32.dll have both the same VA.
Scylla, CHimpREC and other tools cannot know which API is correct. You need to fix this manually.
Your fixed dump will probably run fine on XP but crash on Vista/7.
### ImpREC plugin support:
Some ImpREC Plugins don’t work with Windows Vista/7 because they don’t “return 1” in the DllMain function.
– CTRL + D: [D]ump
– CTRL + F: [F]ix Dump
– CTRL + R: PE [R]ebuild
– CTRL + O: L[o]ad Tree
– CTRL + S: [S]ave Tree
– CTRL + T: Auto[t]race
– CTRL + G: [G]et Imports
– CTRL + I: [I]AT Autosearch
– fixed memory leak
– improved IAT search
– added save/load import tree feature
– multi-select in tree view
– fixed black icons problem in tree view
– added keyboard shortcuts
– dll dump + dll dump fix now working
– added support for scattered IATs
– pre select target path in open file dialogs
– improved import resolving engine with api scoring
– api selection dialog
– minor bug fixes and improvements
– GUI code improvements
– bug fixes
– imports by ordinal
– Improved import resolving
– fixed buffer overflow errors
– ImpREC plugin support
– minor bug fix
– improved disassembler dialog
– improved iat search
– improved process detection
– added some options
– new options dialog
– improved source code